Friday 6 September 2013

First soup of the season.....

The trouble with trying to be a ‘Domestic Goddess’ is the aftermath!!  I’ve been making a fairly simple Butternut Squash and Chilli soup this morning and it seems to have been fairly successful BUT the washing up!!!  I don’t put my pots and pans in the dishwasher so had to tackle the washing up by hand.



In other news....my poor, old mother had a bit of a shock yesterday when she discovered she didn’t have one cataract but TWO, one on each eye.  She will have the first one removed on 2nd October and then second one a few weeks later.  This will cause no end of problems for her because she is a carer for my poor, old dad who has dementia and heart problems.

2 comments:

  1. Soup, another sign that Autumns on its way.

    Oh no! Your poor Mum, at least its been caught early enough to do something about it (my Grandads couldnt be operated on so he went steadily more & more blind)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love butternut squash soup, I bought one this week intending to make soup but as yet haven't got round to it.
    Your poor Mum, but at least the op is usually a great success. Will you be looking after your dad while she has them done?

    ReplyDelete